Brendan Block
Brendan Block, Technician
Experience:  BMW Technician specializing in engine conversions, braking upgrades and race car prep.
74228754

Land Rover Range rover: 2004 Land Rover Range Rover. HSE BMW

Customer Question

2004 Land Rover Range Rover. HSE BMW 4.4 Not a super charge. Runs great for about hour then motor gets lean and stops running. Replaced fuel pump at land rover shop. Didn't fix it. I disconnect the battery 20 minutes and it starts up and repeat it. This all started when I to stop real fast then put it in park.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
My name is Pete and I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since this has started after an abrupt stop in the vehicle I would check and make sure there are no loose cables or wiring on the engine as well as any loose or damaged vacuum hoses on the engine.If any vacuum hoses are damaged this may be causing this lean running issue here in some cases.

Make sure the air filter inlet is connected properly to the engine/throttle body as well with no leaks.

If these have all been checked or are checked and the fault is still present let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Both myself and the Land Rover dealer checked connection and vacume hoses before they replaced the pump.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
When the pump was replaced was the fuel filter also replaced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes both times

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I need an expert in land rovers. A general mechanic is lost on these vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
I apologize my info didn't help with what you were looking for.I will opt out and put this question back on the list to see if others can assist more.Don't reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep the question locked to me.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Brendan Block replied 3 years ago.
When the engine dies out if you opened the gas cap would there be any pressure or vacuum built up?