Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.
18617752

mitchibi eclipse: 07 mitchibi heater blower making noise higher

07 mitchibi heater blower making noise higher the speed the more noise it makes
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

When the blower motor is making a nosie that gets worse on higher speeds, this is most commonly due to either broken fins on the blower wheel or worn bearings internal fthe blower motor itself. The blower motor is located and accessed from under the passenger's side dash. Remove the blower motor and inspect the blower wheel for any damage or debris build up. If the visual inspection of the wheel is ok, replace the Blower Motor.
graphic

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-ups! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

more info. on how to get to blower

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the delay. We were having technical difficulties with getting your question categorized correctly. Again, I apologize.

To access the blower motor, you will need to remove the passenger's side lower insulator panel (the plastic panel right above where the passenger's feet would be). There are a few mounting screws around it's perimeter. Once the panel is removed, you will see the blower motor and HVAC components as shown in the image I provided above. The removal procedure is shown in steps in the image I provided above. For example- first thing to remove is the Damper Motor (mounting screws are shown in the image). Next would be the Resistor... and so on. If you click "view full image" on the image I sent above, you'll get a pop-up window with a close-up view. You can then see the removal procedure steps.