Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

I put steering fluid in the brake resovoir. Options?

Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your problem. Since the vehicle was driven and the brakes used I would do a complete brake system flush using a power bleeder, if this is not done and there is still power steering fluid in the system any rubber components will swell and the parts will fail. The sooner this is done the better. Let me know if you have more questions on this I am always willing to help, Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Daryl...could you confirm that the master cylinder draws from the resovoir on every brake application or does it only draw when required...almost like a closed system?

Also...you mentioned power bleeder...how does this difer from just normal bleeding?

Some fluid is pulled in each time the pedal is pushed so I would not chance it thinking that none got into the system. Power bleeding just pushes a lot more fluid but if you do a really good job regular bleeding it will probably work.