George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

Caddie DTS: Raditor says low on fluid.take off resover cap

Raditor says low on fluid.take off resover cap and its full or ahalf of a small cup I add. No leaks and dosen:t run hot. Had a grage look at it and they changed the preassure cap on the resover. Still does the same thing. Have a 2001 caddie DTS with 108,000 miles on it.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 7 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The coolant level sensor is on the bottom of that surge tank you are adding fluid to. This is a common issue but the entire surge tank will need to be replaced to replace the sensor.

If you just want the warning out you can unplug the sensor and install a paperclip into the connector to bridge the contacts. If the warning goes out you know the sensor has failed and needs to be replaced. If you do not care about the warning just insulate the connector and the paperclip with tape and leave it like that.

Please let me know how i can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

How hard is it to remove the tank and replace it. can i do it myself. I'am good with the tools if don;t half to go under the engine.

Its easy to remove the tank, getting the hose off can be a little tough but not too bad. You will have to suck all the coolant out or drain the radiator down to change it. The tank is not expensive from the dealer if they still have them in stock.

The procedure is below, part number 25774005

Click here for procedure

Look this over and let me know how I can help

Thank you

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist