sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

buick Rainier CXL: I have a 2004 Buick Rainier 5.3 Liter V8

I have a 2004 Buick Rainier 5.3 Liter V8 engine.

Problem: My AC will blow cold and then intermittently stop blowing cold air. This happens when the outside temperature get above 88 degrees with humidity(I live in Memphis with high humidity).

I checked the Bulletin No: 04-01-38-019A

As a result, I recently did the folllowing:
1. I replaced the EV Fan Clutch.
2. Dealer updated the Power train Control module (PCM) with a software calibration.
3. R232 coolant was added to the system with proper amount.
4. Both low and high side pressures were measured for correct pressure.
5. Compressor and hoses were checked for leaks with UV light.
6. Compressor does engage properly when AC first comes on with cold air.

The blower motor speed works great.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Assuming no fault codes are setting some testing is going to need to be done at the time it's acting up to see what is happening.

The first thing I'd recommend is checking for power at the compressor clutch. It's not uncommon for a clutch coil to fail as it heats up. If you have power at the compressor but it won't engage then the coil is bad.

It could be a bad low pressure switch on the accumulator. The switch can be jumped to test while acting up.

It could be a bad refrigerant pressure switch. This is on the high side of the system and reports actual pressure. To know if it was the issue you'd need to monitor it's signal on a scan tool against a manual gauge when it acts up.

There is also a temperature sensor on the evaporator that can prevent the compressor from engaging, it can also be checked with a scan tool.

Tray swapping the compressor clutch relay with another also. The relay could be bad and this would be a free, easy way of ruling it out.