Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

infiniti q45: My interior lights, drivers seat up and back,

My interior lights, driver's seat up and back, map lights ceased to work all of sudden. Is this a fuse not working? The headlights and turn signals all work. Also in the dash the idiot light says stop lamp inoperative. What gives? Also, when I had the smog check done this past weekend, they check the gas cap and when I hit the button on the driver's side door, the fuel latch door would not close completely. The smog operator said the little plastic silicone switch that automatically opens the fuel latch was stuck and that WD40 or gentle cleaning might release the tiny latch inside the area next to the gas cap. Can you advise? Thanks, Cheryl is anyone there?

Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With these lights all of a sudden not working like this here I would check first and make sure all fuses are good in the fuse boxes.If you need fuse location info on this let me know.

As for the stop lamp inoperative light coming on this usually indicates you have a stop lamp out and is most likely a failed bulb needing replaced to correct this.I would check all brake lamps and if any are found burned out then they would need replaced with the correct bulbs.

The latch can stick like this and cause this issue and the latch itself can also fail electronically and need replaced in some cases.When you open the fuel door you should see where this latch/lock pops out to hold the fuel door closed,you can spray a small amount of lubricant like wd40 on this to try and free it up.If it still does not work after this is done then the latch/lock will need tested to locate if this is a failed latch at fault needing replaced.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pete,

I appreciate your time. I will need the fuse location info, as that is sort of vague on the drivers manual I have for the Infiniti. Also what would i need to check the fuel door latch--would I use a paperclip to see if I can unstick it, or something not metal?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I would try a small amount of lubricant spray on the latch/lock itself,this is the piece that comes out and locks the door closed.Spry a small amount into the lock itself and you can try and use anything small like a pen tip or similar to try and free it up.

Does this vehicle have memory seats or just standard power seats?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure but I think I read that they were memory seats. what is the difference? How can you tell by looking at them? One more question--I have chrome strips over the wheel wells, but the rubber edging peeking out from around them underneath is cracking
. Can you get these anymore? If so where would I get the rubber replacement that has a round edge around the wheel wells at the top? Or is this chrome strip with the rubber underneath a one-piece object? This car has everything--every option you could get i think? Do you have something that would outline how to check the cruise control?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I don't know for sure if these are still available due to the year of this vehicle.Your best chance would be to contact a local dealer to see if they can get them as they should be one piece and if they cannot they may be able to tell you where to get them.

Memory seats would usually have a separate button to put the seat in a pre set position,non memory you have to adjust manually,both adjust manually but memory has a button to put the seat into preset positions.
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete