Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

I purchased a 2013 Fleetwood Bounder 35K Class A motorhome

Customer Question

I purchased a 2013 Fleetwood Bounder 35K Class A motorhome Aug 28 2012. The Dometic refrigerator seemed to work well for about a month, then quit (General RV claimed we blew a fuse, charged handsomely as it was a customer responsibility, and also claimed the fridge had to be removed to replace, which seems odd). The motorhome has had several other electrical problems. This year the fridge seems to get down to temp (36 -40) ever more slowly. General RV charged us an additional amount to tell us all is in working order, but while the fridge temp cooled from 60 to 42 in about 6-8 hours, once I turned the fridge back on Friday (on propane), the temp has gradually climbed to 48 degrees after being switched to electricity (manually; it switched automatically previously) and switching back to propane for a few hours late this afternoon drove it to 49 degrees. Any help is appreciated (hoping you answer honestly where a warranty may be involved)

Thanks,

Kevin
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal fault with the fridge itself possibly especially since at first a fuse had blown.Usually the fuse will short when a fault on the fuses circuit has an issue and in this case this is the fridge.

I don't know how you would go about seeing if this can be checked into further or replaced by the same dealer/repair facility if needed but the fridge needs re checked to see if for sure it is the complete cause here as it sounds like it is.

If there is another repair facility close to you that is capable of doing warranty work I would have them check into this to see if they can determine if the fridge itself is faulty and then replace it if needed under warranty.

I suspect this is the fault here but the difficult part is going to get this looked at further and corrected under warranty as it sounds like the dealer/repair facility isn't providing much help.Another repair center is usually the best option when this type of problem occurs.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete