K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

mistubishi eclipse: the oil cap on my 1995 eclipse was not

the oil cap on my 1995 eclipse was not tight so i got all the oil spilt on the engine and wires i changed the crankshaft and camshaft sensors but still wont get any power to the ignition coil any suggestions?
Hello, is this the turbo on non turbo motor? Also when you say "no power at coil" do you mean no voltage at the positive terminal or no spark from the coil?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry i believe its a non turbo engine but it has a jdm t3/4 turbo on it and when i had the guy test the wire he said there wasnt constant power going to the ignition coil we tried to get a spark from the wire but nothing

Thanks for that information. I'll be back with you in just a few minutes. I am working on the wiring diagram for where you need to check
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok ty so u think maybe its a wiring problem?

Thanks for your patience. The coil is fed power from the ASD relay. This relay failing is pretty common on DSM cars. I'll attach a picture below with the testing procedure. Basically you want to make sure the relay has power from the fusible link and ground from the ECM. If both power and ground are present the relay is bad. Follow the steps below and let me know what you find and I can help you further if needed. You want to perform the tests with the ASD relay removed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is what my engine looks like sorry i couldnt find similarities to ur diagram i see two boxes on the top right of the battery is that the asd?

Sorry about the delay I was away for supper. You are going to need to check the wiring at each of those relays to determine which one it is. The wire colors are as follows
Red with black tracer

black with white tracer

red with white tracer

black with red tracer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeh its not problem man everyone has a life understandable no rush.. but yeh both of those relays look like garbage and are soked in oil i think i might as well just change them out .. anyways i have a electrical technician that is going to come out and take a look at the car any other possibilities that may be causing no power to be going through the wire harness to the ignition coil? that way i can maybe give him a lead way and check every possible problem

If they're both soaked they are likely shorted internally. That diagram I sent is the whole thing for power to the coil. It is possible for the relays to short and pop the fusible link as well.
Once he gets power to the coil if there's any other problem just let me know. I don't see this being anything real major to find. Oil just got on some stuff and shorted and possible popped a fusible link.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank u so much

You're welcome