K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

civic: when I drive my 2003 honda civic there is a harsh thumping

when I drive my 2003 honda civic there is a harsh thumping feeling [ like a basketball bouncing] off and on. it seems this happens between 30 to 40 mph. what is wrong here?
Hello, can you feel it from any particular area of the car? (shaking in the steering or bouncing)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it seems to be coming from the right front. The dealership can't seem to locate the problem.

Thanks for that information. What I would suggest is moving that wheel/tire to the right rear and see if it moves with it. Usually the "slappig" sound like a basketball is a tire with a belt separation problem.
You might do well to swing by a tire shop and have a tech there test drive it. The belt problem is easily detected by someone with a bit of tire experience, most dealers don't deal with those type of problems often.