gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified

Maserati CC: I have a 2002 Maserati CC. I parked last night

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Maserati CC. I parked last night in my driveway that has a minor slopes up from the street. I removed the appropriate cover over the Oil Intake/Dip Stick and checked the oil.
This morning I found a pool of oil right under the nose of the car that looks to be about a half a cup of clean oil out of the can. It does not match oil off the dip stick which shows typical carbon black found when checking the oil level. I did not add oil. I did not remove the oil intake cap. I am not a mechanic but I have serviced my autos for years. Can anyone explain?
Category: Car
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 3 years ago.

gomi_otaku :

It's possible that it may be transmission fluid, if you have an automatic there is a transmission cooler right at the nose area. I would look under and see if there is anywhere that drips have formed to give you an indication where it is coming from.

gomi_otaku :

Are you sure it is an oil, and not just a puddle of standing water with an oily film?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I accept your answer that it is the cooler for the trans. This is a racing Ferrari Engine and Trans just like you would find in a racing setup with the shifting paddles behind the steering wheel.
Cool- hopefully you have a local shop you trust with it