Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

XXXXXbuick will stop running while driving and

XXXXXbuick will stop running while driving and not crank later on will crank and cut off
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. So after it stops running it needs to cool down before it will start again? thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sometimes it will start up and sometimes not. When the key is turned it just does not turn over

When you try to start it do you even hear a click? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it clicks and a guy who looked at it said the its not getting any fire ??

You just said "When the key is turned it just does not turn over" which means the engine does not turn over. NO fire mean it is not getting spark but the engine does turn over. Now it sounds like the engine does turn over but gets no spark, is that the case? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, I'm sorry I'm just so frustrated with this car. The engine does turn over.

Are you sure no spark is the problem? Is the ignition module the part that was replaced? Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, its the part right on the top (flat silver part) one of the mechanics said it maybe my computer but his machine only goes back to a 1996 and he could not be sure

Is your check engine light on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, my home computer is running slow sorry

The most common causes of spark is a failed ignition module or crankshaft position sensor. At the ignition module verify the module is getting good power/ground during no spark condition and if good replace the crankshaft position sensor. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.