sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Ford EF: When the motor of my EF falcon is cold and I remove

When the motor of my EF falcon is cold and I remove the radiator cap from the reservoir, the coolant is under such pressure it sprays everywhere. Can you advise what is causing this? It is losing coolant gradually but pressure testing by our mechanic doesn't show any leaks.
Appreciate any help to rectify.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You likely have a combustion leak into the cooling system. If you have unexplained coolant loss and pressure tests show no external leaks then it has to be going inside the engine. If there is no coolant in the oil then it has to be burning it.

This will also cause the cooling system to pressurize like you are seeing because of the compression pressures being forced into the cooling system.

What I would recommend now is a block test. This is a kit that comes with a clear vial that you pour a blue liquid in and this is installed over the radiator cap opening. The engine is ran and the liquid turns yellow in the presence of exhaust gases. If the liquid turns yellow then you know for sure that you have a head, headgasket or block issue.