Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

Suzuki grand VITARA: I have a 2009 grand VITARA and I saw the

I have a 2009 grand VITARA and I saw the transmission light came on. I notice the car struggle to move in drive. How ever if I move off in L and change as I pick up speed every thing is ok. I can travel as fast as I can. Could it be that the speed sensor is gone? Reversing is not a problem
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
Did the check engine light come on also? How does the transmission fluid look?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No . The check light did come on.
The fluid looks good

Ok with the transmission light coming on and the fluid looking good. This is likely a solenoid that is electrically failing in the valve body. This would not be a major repair and can be repaired with the transmission pan removed. It's a failure of the shift solenoid however there is more than one and the first step is to have the system scanned with a transmission scan tool.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
check done stated that it is the number one shift solenoid. Is it the first one from the front
Yes that is correct. First solenoid from the front.