Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hse Range rover: Hi. I have a 2005 hse range rover. Its reading

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2005 hse range rover. It's reading air suspension inactive. And the front dropped. I went to range rover paid for diagnostic and the said I need front right strut. I couldn't afford there price. So I purchased and took to mechanic. He put it on and car still didn't go up? The switch in car has no lights?? And don't work. I'm broke and confused
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
When the old strut was removed,was it leaking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Range rover said it was. The front of my car dropped low and wouldn't come up
Ok after the strut is replaced the system has to be reset to clear the fault using a dealer diagnostic tool. Also a lot of times when the strut has been leaking it will damage the valve block on that side requiring it to be replaced as well. From the description of the issue however this is consistent with the system needing to be reset.