Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

Mercedes-Benz S 359: 2006 s 350 stopped suddendly while driving.

2006 s 350 stopped suddendly while driving. It was not possible to start the engine as it was not possible to shift to Park. Mechanics said the computer broke up. New computer for several thousands... no results. Now the transmission compute should also be changed. No results! Now they are trying to reprogramm. Car was otherwise in perfect condition before this incident...Car has been driven for only 30,000km. Very dissapointed!
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 11 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

My mechanic says they are trying to sincronize the motor computer with the transmission. Both are new and he says they need to be codified. He has not been able to codified it yet after two weeks. Does this make sense? Is this a common problem for this car model?

Hello

Thank you for your reply. No further information is requested at this time. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Whenever these computers are replaced like this here they need to be coded and programmed to the vehicle in order for the vehicle to start and run properly as well as transmission shift properly.This requires a dealers sds machine to do this as well as their programming access.

If the place doing this or trying to do this does not have the correct access to do this or correct sds machine they will not be able to do this here and this would need to be done by a dealer.

This will cause the issue described here if this is not done on your vehicle.The computers have to be replaced with new ones whenever they are replaced as they lock to each vehicle and cannot be placed into another vehicle so I would make sure you have new computers installed as well.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.