Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Suzuki Verona S: idling hard, shuts off rpms spike and drop

Customer Question

I bought a 05 Verona and I did not check out the car completely before I bought it. Major mistake. I have several issues with the car.

1) Clock on dash comes off and on.

2) Daytime running lights cut off and on on occasion.

3) It idles Hard. Sometimes It shuts off. Even when in park the rpms spike and drop below 1 or even half.

4) I have gotten codes saying my car is running rich and lean. The codes contradict themselves.

I have replaces the fuel filter. Transmission range switch. Brand new Alternator. Radiator flush. Tune up. I'm still having the idling hard issue.

How can I get this resolved? Has anyone fixed this issue? My car will not pass inspection. Please HELP

Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

1) This is not an answer nor a direct info request to your concern.
2) First off I am checking to see if you have already resolved your concern.

3) If you do still need help, if there is anything more you think would help me answer your question, please reply with that info.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass. I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I work on this site only in the evening hours 7 days a week. I am online normally from 3-midnight. At the latest you should get a response from me prior to 9pm TN time.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.