Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

chrysler p/t cruiser limeted: 2004 P/T cruiser AC problem ,

Customer Question

2004 P/T cruiser AC problem , ac compessor vents gas out of vale on bottom
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

How many ounces of refrigerent did you add?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 12 oz.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Ok, so you emptied the system completely and put into a vacuum which it held, correct? and then you added 12oz?

The system holds 25 oz, so it should not vent from the high pressure relief valve with only 1/2 the refrigerent capacity in it.

did you replace any parts before this, and if so, which parts?

have you hooked up gages and what were the high and low pressure readings just before it vented?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
pleas cancel this transaction
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

It was not an incomplete answer as I never provided one. I asked for more information so that I could provide an answer, which you neglected to reply with. You have to remember that I am not there to inspect it, check the pressures, or know what you did or did not do, and therefore it is Incumbent upon you the owner, to provide as much detail as possible, and you dont, or dont respond to request for more information, NO ONE can give you an answer, unless you just want a wild guess.

I will be happy to continue to help you IF you will provide the information I requested, or I will close this out if you still want it closed.