K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Ford Aerostar: hi,how do i remove the lowerpinion shaft seal

hi,how do i remove the lowerpinion shaft seal in the Power steering gir,i know how to remove the pinion gir assy,but problems With the seal stays in the lower end of the pinion housing

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi there.i wont to continiue,i know how to remove the upper bearings and seals but i have problems to get out the seal in the lower end on the pinion gir housing, this is a ford aerostar powersteering rack and pinion gir assy.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Hello, once you remove the input shaft and valve assembly the only thing holding the lower pinion seal in is a press fit. I would recommend using a seal puller tool to remove it as to not damage the gear housing. Alternatively a small brass punch can be used to pop the seal in some to allow it to be pulled out. Click here for the disassembly process as reference.
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi,does the tranfertubes deliver Power steering fluid on the rack
Yes, the metal lines allow fluid transfer with the rack.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, what is the exact position on thermostat does the brigde point to the mounting holes and whitch side on the termostat is the gasket mounted,this a motorcraft termostat on a ford aerostar 3,0l 90mod xlt,its the cooling system i am talking about.