Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Saab 9-3 Arc: I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc. It has the 2.0 T

I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc. It has the 2.0 T engine. The check engine light came on a few days ago. I checked the code and what I got was p0001. The car runs very well except for a slight higher than normal idle. I did notice that when the car is low on fuel the idle goes back to normal. What could be the reason for this? Any help would be great.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Code P0001 is a code that will set when a fault is detected with fuel volume or the fuel volume regulator.Your vehicle has a fuel pressure regulator that can act up/fail and cause this type of fault code here.This regulator should be located under the engine top cover under the cover area of the ignition coils on the fuel rail where your fuel injectors are located.

It can be removed and replaced separately.I have seen this fail before and had to replace it to correct this type of fault here.I haven't seen one cause a high idle issue before but if the vacuum hose that attaches to it hasn't been checked or is found disconnected or leaking the hose wold need replaced,corrected to correct this fault.

I would start with checking this hose to see if there is a fault with it and if a problem is found the hose should be replaced.If the hose is o.k. the regulator itself I suspect is at fault needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else,thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your help. I have not had the time to replace to replace the for. I also had to order it. I will get back to you after it has been replaced. Thanks again for your help.

Paul

Your welcome Paul.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete