Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Saab 9-3 Linear: I have a 2003 9-3 Linear with Xenon headlights.

I have a 2003 9-3 Linear with Xenon headlights. My right front headlight has gone out two times in a one-year period. The problem has been a bad Headlight Control Unit. I have replaced the HCU twice, and would rather not do it again. Any idea what the root problem might be?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is the ignition module that is burning out or ballast control module for the igniter (the igniter is usually the component attached right at the bulb itself) check and make sure you have the correct headlight bulb installed in the vehicle.I have seen in several cases before where the incorrect bulb was used and this would cause premature failure of the ballast or igniter for the light.

If the correct bulb is installed let me know which of the two components is failing (igniter or ballast) and we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I am looking for an answer from a qualified Saab mechanic. The mechanic who initially answered my question didn't have any Saab experience listed.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for checking. Yes, I'm willing to wait a little while longer for an answer from a professional with more Saab experience.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Josie~Moderator