Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford gli: hi there my names fletcher,i have a 1996 gli wagon,starts

hi there my names fletcher,i have a 1996 gli wagon,starts but cant accelerate,have new fuel pump,coil pack , plugs and leads but still the same,lube mobile has looked at it and cant figure it out,when put accelerater down engine coughs and splutters,can sometimes get revs up over 2500 and engine seems to function ok, what could this be
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With what you have described here the next thing I would check is to see if the exhaust is restricted.I have seen restricted components like the catalytic converter and muffler cause this type of fault here.I would have this checked to see if you have a restriction in the exhaust.I would also inspect to see if there is any damage to the exhaust components causing this.

If damage or restriction is found then it would need corrected to correct this here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete