Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Volvo S80 2.5T: Hi everyone, on a Volvo S80 from 2007 i have

Hi everyone, on a Volvo S80 from 2007 i have the following problem: the radio/CD powers on, i can change channels and volume but I have no sound in the speakers. I think that is the standard sound system because in the trunk i have only 2 boxes of fuses (the third for phone and amplifier is missing) The display of the radio is ok. Previously i had the AC drainage clogged with a lot of condense inside the car.
Thank you,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases if water had entered the vehicle this can damage electronic units in the vehicle and may be causing this here.If possible I would check for any water damage to the electrical components in the vehicle where this water had drained into and if anything is found corroded or damaged it should be replaced.

If this is found to be o.k. and you have no amplifier in this vehicle this can be a fault with the radio itself with the sound chip failing internally as I have seen or there may be an issue with one of the speaker wires shorted to ground as this will ground out the sound chip and cause this.This would need to be checked/inspected further to see if a wire is shorted or if you have a fault in the radio.

Most common with vehicles that have a sound amp is usually the amplifier itself failing internally as I have had to replace quite a few before in the past.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete