Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Merc Vito: XXXXX XXXXX 2.2 turbo Diesel vin wdf 63960123551651

2010 vito 2.2 turbo Diesel vin wdf 63960123551651 Fault. Lack of power engine check light on showing fault code 2511 left EGR Positioner.
Can you please help with further information for me to repair this fault
Thanks. Neil.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be caused by a fault with a restricted catalytic converter in the exhaust system as this will cause the lack of power here as well as an egr fault code to set like this.

If this has not been checked yet to see if this is restricted or if another exhaust component is damaged causing a restriction this should be done to see if this is the case here on this vehicle.If it is found to be restricted or any other component found to cause a restriction in the exhaust the component would need replaced.

I would start with checking this here to see if this is the case.It may also be the egr valve itself possibly stuck as this can occur and cause this here but I would have the exhaust checked first to see if this is the location of the fault.

Let me know if you need anything else,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Peter for your response. This vehicle has done 45000kl,to have a cat failure so earley on a diesel is unusual however it is a motor car eanything is possible I will remove the cat and inspect. Is there history or EGR valve faults?
Leave this open for another 24 hours Peter before I rate you , in case I need further info. Not sure how you system works,and happy to pay more if required so best I stay in contact and not get another Expert if I have require further assistance. Thanks. Neil
Thanks Neil

I have seen egr failures on the earlier models but not so much on this one here but it is possible the egr itself is at fault causing this.

Come back and reply or rate when your ready.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter.,
The egr valve was the fault. The mechanical shaft that rotates a cam to open the egr valve had failed , causing the elect motor to go out of iits position and now not measuring motor load the ecu responded with a fault code. New unit fitted Thanks. Neil
Thats great to hear that it has been resolved Neil.If you need anything else let me know and I will be happy to assist.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete