Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda MILLENIA (base): I have been having a lot of problems

I have been having a lot of problems with my 2001 Mazda Millennia, V6,2.5L. Ever since I bought is used in 2010, I have had it in the shop for a variety of things. I had to replace my A/C compressor, radiator (due to overheating), oxygen sensors (several), Mass Air Flow Sensors (two replacements), Fan Motor, and the latest: throttle body and another Mass Air Flow Sensor. I had been trying to find a replacement throttle body but every time I was offered a replacement, it looked nothing like the one taken out of my Mazda. By a stroke of luck and coincidence, I accidentally saw a photo on-line of a Mazda 626 throttle body which looked exactly like the throttle body I was trying to replace. QUESTION: It is obvious that the mechanic at small used car dealer put in a Mazda 626 Engine Harness Assembly instead one for a 2001 Mazda Millennia. COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR MY MANY ENGINE BREAKDOWNS? AND HOW COULD THE MILLENIA COMPUTER NOT RECOGNIZE A NON-MILLENIA PART?  AND HOW CAN I RECTIFY THIS SITUATION SO I DON'T HAVE TO GO GET MY CAR FIXED EVERY MONTH? The cost for all the repairs more than exceeded the purchase price of the car. If I had known I would have to pay so much for repairs, I would have purchased a new car earlier. Thanks for your reply. JMR

Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the engine wiring harness has been replaced with a different harness then what came in the vehicle as well as the electronics to match up to the harness this can cause some or most of these issues here as they are not the correct parts and harness for this vehicle.

If you know for sure these components are incorrect for your vehicle the only thing I can suggest here is to have the vehicle put back to factory with the correct harness as well as the correct components in the vehicle to match up to factory.

With after market or incorrect components on the vehicle this can cause fault codes to set in some cases turning on the check engine light as well as running issues.

I would speak with the place you had purchased it from and let them know the issue here and see if they will help with the costs for repair,they may not since its been a few years since it was purchased but if you have proof of incorrect parts on the vehicle or that it has been modified they may help with some of the cost.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete