Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a clunk from the rear passenger side of my 97 944s.

I have a clunk from the rear passenger side of my 97 944s. The shop i bring it to cant figure it out. They think it may be the torsion bar bushings... Any thoughts?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this clunk occurs when driving over bumps in the road this may be the bushings on the torsion bar as I have seen these wear out before and cause this here.I would also have them check and make sure the mounts and bushings for the rear shocks/struts are o.k. as well as I have seen these fail and cause this here.

If they can duplicate it while pushing up and down on the vehicle at a stand still this may aid them in locating this fault as well as one person can push up and down on the vehicle and another can inspect and feel components under the vehicle to locate this fault.

These are usually the most common for this fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete