Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche 911s model 993: 1998 Porsche 911s model 993 The remote

1998 Porsche 911s model 993
The remote when i push the button will not open or lock the car....when i turn the key in the lock the alarm goes off and when trying to start it requires that the lock and remote sync..when i disconnect the battery and reset the car the remote works fine and on my way...I thought maybe i had some weak batteries so replaced the battery on the remote and the car battery.........but still does the same thing any thoughts?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this may still be a fault with the key/transponder itself with the alarm going off like this as well as the lock and unlock functions not operating properly.I have seen the keys act up like this before and had to replace them to correct this here.

If possible I would have the signals tested out of the key,usually this can be checked with a transmitter signal tester that most shops or a dealer have and I have seen local parts stores carry these as well to check the signals coming from the key.

If it is found the signal isn't being sent ever time the lock or unlock is pressed the key should be replaced.

If the key is found to be o.k. next I would have the fault codes checked in the vehicles computers using a scan tool that can communicate with the computers in this vehicle to see what codes have set.This will usually aid in the diagnosis and location of the fault.

This may be an internal electrical fault with the immobilizer control unit itself or the key less entry control unit as they are tied together.

Let me know if you need anything else,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Pete i took to dealer and they were not able to reproduce the issue....which appears to be they did put on the computer with no fault codes.....
by the way I do have a brand new key in which it responds the same way...

I m on a hunch here could it be tied in some way to the ignition? meaning the ignition switch still thinks.......the key is still in the ignition or its not tripping the system that the key is removed?

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete