Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

ram 350: I have a 2010 Ram 3500 and the cruise control will

I have a 2010 Ram 3500 and the cruise control will kick off after hitting a bump and the ABS and Brake light also comes on, it seems to only happen on bumpy roads, these dont always happen at the same time, I notice the cruise control problem on the Highway mostly but the ABS and brake light come on in town and on the highway but will go out after the ignition is cycled

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here with the abs and brake light coming on this will disable the cruise control and most common for an abs fault here is usually one or more wheel speed sensors failing.

With a faulty wheel speed sensor whenever the speed signal from one sensor does not match the others this causes the abs computer to see this fault turning on these lights as well as disabling the cruise control as the wheel speeds do not match.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out of the abs computer with a scan tool that can communicate with this computer on your vehicle.Once the codes have been read out it can then be diagnosed as to what component is at fault and repaired from there to correct the fault.

Most common is usually a failing wheel speed sensor but it may also be other various components in the abs system as well that can cause this so the codes do need checked first.Most shops or a dealer can check the codes and a local parts store might check them free of charge as I have seen before.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pete, I just had mechanic inspect truck an he said there are no stored codes, I suspected speed sensors but with no code how do I determine which one or what else could cause the problem?

O.k.,this can be common with a faulty wheel speed sensor in some cases to where no codes are set.The best way to check and see if this is the case here as well as which sensor is at fault is to drive the vehicle with a scan tool plugged into it that can communicate with the abs control unit to observe each wheel speed sensor signal while driving with the scan tool data list.

Then when the lights come on there should be one sensor signal that is reading differently then the rest,this would be the one acting up and is usually the speed sensor itself at fault needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete