Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Suzuki Grand Vitara: 1999 Suziki Grand Vitara. Used vehicle,

Customer Question

1999 Suziki Grand Vitara. Used vehicle, recently purchased. The transponder has stopped unlocking the hatch door. It makes a click when keyed electronically or manually, but remains locked. All other doors okay. Manual misplaced (dammit). Could this be some kind of child-safety feature? Wondering about the two "option" buttons on transponder.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

1) This is not an answer nor a direct info request to your concern.
2) First off I am checking to see if you have already resolved your concern.

3) If you do still need help, if there is anything more you think would help me answer your question, please reply with that info.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass. I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I work on this site only in the evening hours 7 days a week. I am online normally from 3-midnight. At the latest you should get a response from me prior to 9pm TN time.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. After the WD40 had had several hours to penetrate, it finally freed the latch handle, so problem is solved.

Great news