sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Jaguar S Type Sedan: I have dropped a coin into the drivers

I have dropped a coin into the driver's side seat belt buckle receiver (a Canadian 25 cent piece I believe) of 2006 jag s type sedan. How do I get it out, so I can do up my seat belt again?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may be able to get it out with some small needlenose pliers. They make needlenose that have extremely small jaws for work in tight spaces, you may also be able to use tweezers. The needlenose would probably taper down to a smaller point, and would normally have ridged jaws for better grip. You should be able to find these at most larger parts stores, hardware or tool stores.

Another option would be to remove the buckle and turn it upside down. If it doesn't fall out on it's own then the buckle can be tapped on a table (etc) to hopefully dislodge it.

Worst case scenario would be replacing the buckle but hopefully you'll be able to get it out with one of these methods.