cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years

I have a 2003 Mercedese SL500. I have coolent leak from the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mercedese SL500. I have coolent leak from the upper radiator hose after the car is shutt off. It is intermittent. I have tried replacing the coolant cap and changed the thermostat. But still leaks coolant from radiator hose. No oil in coolant. No white smoke when i turn the car on in the morning. I also changed the upper radiator hose once and changed the O ring inside. still get leak. any suggestions? I notice the radiator fan does not turn after the car is off. I dont know if that is normal on sl500. Radiator does work when ac is on.
Category: Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 3 years ago.

cloe0626 :

Its it leaking from wear the hose hooks to the radiator or to the water intake valve

JACUSTOMER-z654j2eh- :

from where the hose hooks to the radiator

cloe0626 :

It sounds like you may have a hairline crack where the radiator hose hooks to the radiator my advice would be to get s tube of rtv silicone gasket maker and but all around it that will seal the crack and srop the leak