Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

ML 270 CDI: Hi.I need help with my 2003 ML270 CDI having

I need help with my 2003 ML270 CDI having starting problems.
At first it wouldn't start once its hot. I have changed the fuel lines and o rings.
The starting is better but still cause me problems from time to time.
I have now been using the quick start engine spray which solves the problem temporarily but recur after a couple of days.

My question is, is this spray not causing more problems and does the fact that the vehicle fires well with this spray point to any particular problem I haven't addressed?

Thank you for the advice, in anticipation.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a lack of fuel to the engine causing this hard start issue.This in some cases can be caused by faulty injectors either leaking down.

I would have the fuel injectors and fuel system tested to see if you have faulty injectors causing this here or if there is another possible component causing this fault in the fuel supply/feed system.

It isn't a good thing to continue to use the spray to start the engine as on a diesel this can sometimes cause internal engine problems after a period of time with continued use.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete