Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

Bentley Continental GT: I recently lost (or had stolen) one

I recently lost (or had stolen) one of my CGT wheel center caps. I ordered one from a vendor on eBay and it doesn't want to snap into place. It sits just askew no matter which of the 4 prongs I put in first and it seems impossible to get all 4 prongs to go in at the same time for some reason. There are all of these weird spacers around the cap in addition to the 3 large and single small prong. Is there a trick or tool required to get it lock into place?
EA
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Eurocar Inc. :

Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Quality research = Quality answer!!

Eurocar Inc. :

hello with the cap still off do you see 2 allens screws ? if so please remove the screws and take the center piece off

Eurocar Inc. :

there is a possibility that the holes that the cap goes in may be warped because of the 2 bolts were torqued too much

Eurocar Inc. :

please let me know

Customer:

I think there are either 2 or 4 allen screws but would have to take another look. If I take 2 of them off will that help me seat the center cap and then how would I get the center piece back on? Trading small problem for a bigger one, no?

Eurocar Inc. :

sorry for the delay . the cap goes last . you need to straighten the metal to accept the cap . what happens with a tire rotation the cap comes out and then the 2 screws come out to get to the lug nuts. after rotation the metal ring goes first and then the 2 screws and usually gets overtorqued and then the cap is difficult to install . the metal must be straightened to accept the cap

Customer:

Yes, that worked. Thank you. I think I for sure would have broken the wheel cap before I thought of trying that.

Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience: Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.