Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

my transmission on my smart car I have troblem changing from

my transmission on my smart car I have troblem changing from park to reverse, 2008 smart car................
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name isXXXXX sorry to hear of your troubles with your Mercedes SMART car.

Usually , if this is an electronic fault , you will get an indication of this by way of a fault message / light , on the dash... but not always ...

|The selectors are electronically controlled and very often the selector unit is the fault - but this needs confirming, or another, sometimes mechanical issue found.

The best , cheapest and quickest way forward therefore is to have the car connected to a diagnostic machine, for the "transmission" system - not engine... and see what that reveals and then go from there- the fault will be found that way. As most owners dont posses such equipment, then I have to advise that you will need a local so equipped garage to do that test for you - but with these... that is the best , most cost effective and quickest way forward for you to trace the fault and get this cured..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.