Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

(Suzuki SX4 2008) I can hear a slight grinding noise coming

Customer Question

(Suzuki SX4 2008) I can hear a slight grinding noise coming from my steering column (I think) when I turn left. It's not loud and I can only hear it when the radio is off. Also, it doesn't make the noise when the a/c and/or fan is not running. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question. The issue that you are describing is consistent with the steering column bushing that is Likely dry and causing the noise. The bushing is not sold seperately and requires replacement of the steering column however the bushing can be greased and this will likely take the noise away. To do this remove the plastic molding around the steering column and spray WD-40 PB blaster or equvilant.