Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.

I just bought this car and it overheated, watrer bubbling.

I just bought this car and it overheated, watrer bubbling. syustem is dry, no leaks. Checked thermostat, had no thermostat. The fan isn't blowing. Is there a sensor that would shut the fan down if the thermostat is missing for too long?

Please include the year,make,model,sub-model,engine,2wd,4wd,flex,gas,diesel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1999 sebring convertable 4.5 engine2wd gas

Here is the wiring diagram, click here. Let's start off with testing that fuse with a 12 volt test light or voltmeter.

Actually, here is a better diagram, click here. The are 2 fans, one for when the ac is on and the other for when engine gets hot.

Each relay and there are 5 of them in the relay box should have voltage to them all of the time at at least one spot, on each relay. Test the fusible link 6 in the fuse box, and then follow the wire to each relay and make sure there is voltage to each relay all of the time from he fusible link 6 and also that fuse 8 to both condenser fan relays.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! I will do this this evening ( working at night because its hot in texas) and look at the schematics in the meantime!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to keep this conversation open for more questions, if I may. Will I loose you andd get someone else if I rate finished? I would really like to get out there and go over these suggestions before I loose contact with you.

No, you won't loose me. I do take a nap though sometime in the afternoon, so don't be alarmed.