Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Maserati Quattroporte: I have a 2006 Quattroporte with approximately

I have a 2006 Quattroporte with approximately 60k miles. Recently after the car has been driven for 30 minutes + in hot Texas weather the car will go into neutral when stopped in traffic. Then a transmission failure message will appear along with a drive slowly to dealer message.

Sometimes the car will shift back into D, others it will not and I will see a message that says gear not available. On two occasions I turned off the engine and then it would not restart. It would not even turn over when I engaged the key. After 10 - 15 minutes the car would eventually start.

I took it to the Maserati dealer and they could not find the problem. They said the clutch has 80% remaining and that they drove the car for 15 minutes and could not duplicate the issue. What do you think is causing this problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The dealer stated that the system was not setting any codes?

Also did they say how the transmission fluid looked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike, just reposting this to ensure my reply went through. I didn't see my reply on the page -

The dealer said they did not see any error codes. They did not mention anything about the transmission fluid.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Ok,the issue that you are describing is consistent with a electrical failure to the valve body which is inside of the transmission,basically the pressure is not correct and the valve body is overheating and sending the vehicle in limp mode.This does not always set codes,the best way to diagnose the issue is to have a transmission scan tool connected to the vehicle and test driven.
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this an expensive repair (by expensive I mean more than $2500ish?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.

For this vehicle you will be looking at around $3500