A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician

Ford F350 Super Dudy HD F 350 super Duty: We have a 2008 F350

We have a 2008 F350 Super Duty Harley Davidson Transmission fluid not showing on dipstick, shifting problems. Added ATF Type F (RED). Once started showing on Dipstick previous fluid appears to be clear. Did we do a NO-No. Can we savfely use the truck or should we take/tow to dealer for a tranny flush

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.
I will try my best to help you with your question.

How many quarts of Type F did you add?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we added two litres which is about two quarts

You will need to have a transmission flush (fluid exchange) done as soon as possible. The friction discs and clutches have a special glue that the ATF will dissolve. If you just did it, you should be ok to get the flush done quickly. If it was a while ago, you may have trouble. Do not drive it very much at all.