Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 9-3 SE: Hi, I have a 1999 Saab 9-3 turbo hatchback and

Hi, I have a 1999 Saab 9-3 turbo hatchback and my hazard lights are constantly on even witht the car off. Friends told me that its a box under the dash board under the steering wheel. Is that correct and if it is whats that part called so I could order it and get it fixed. Thanks
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The box is a control module under the dash called a DICE control module (integrated electronic control unit).If this control unit fails internally electronically or shorts out it can cause this here.I have also seen the hazard switch/button short out as well internally and cause this type of fault.

The switch signals would need tested best done with a multi meter to see if the hazard switch itself is at fault.If found at fault it would need replaced to correct this here.If the switch is found to be o.k. the DICE control unit would need replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete