Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Dodge Nitro SXT: hello i have a 2007 dodge nitro, driving along

hello i have a 2007 dodge nitro, driving along it comes engine light comes on and you loose the turbo, engine code P0229 comes up on the laptop, turbo underbooste, cant find any hose leaks cooler leaks or bad connections, key recoverable for a few minutes then it comes up again. cant find any imformation on the net.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases it can be difficult to locate a turbo boost pressure leak as I have seen before.I have had to inject smoke into the intake and turbo cooler,etc. and search visually around the turbo components to see if a leak could be found that is difficult to see without this smoke leaking out.In this case here this may need to be done to aid with trying to locate a leak.

If no leaks are found and you feel the turbo has plenty of boost with no running issues this may be a fault with the turbo boost pressure sensor as these can be common to fail electronically as I have replaced some on various model vehicles.

I would have the turbo system smoke tested with a smoke machine to verify no leaks are present and if o.k. then the boost pressure sensor may be faulty needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete