Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

The audio screen went blank on my 07 camry hybrid. Everything

The audio screen went blank on my 07 camry hybrid. Everything works but the display won't come on. Will the entire radio need to be replaced?

Genchi Genbutsu :

Genchi Genbutsu :

Thank you for using Just Answer for your needs. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Genchi Genbutsu :

I see that you are offline right now so please allow me to switch this to a Q&A session. Please check your Email for a link back to this discussion. Genchi

If the entire screen went blank then you may to replace the unit itself but first, lets try to disconnect the battery for 1-2 minutes. Then retry the radio as this can help reset the unit.

If it doesn't work or it does but then quits again, you would then be needed to replace it. If this happens, please keep an eye out of Ebay for a used factory unit like these.....

Or you can go to an aftermarket unit it that is more to your liking.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know I agreed to pay $18.00 for yourEXPERT advice but I also took you at your word that you were an expert in this field. If you are an expert in this field, I think you would have known about such a problem and mentioned what has happened and why everything works perfectly but there is no screen display for anything. Oh well, I guess I've learned a rather expensive lesson. Thanks for the lesson.

Emmett Shields

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What does it mean 3 answered questions? I only asked 1.

I,m out of time and must go. I'll be back in about 2 hrs.

Hi new expert here,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to try and assist you with this.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

The first thing I would check here if this has not been done is to make sure the dimmer for interior back lighting isn't turned down all of the way just to be sure this isn't the cause here.If this is turned all the way down turn it up and see if the display operates properly then.If this display has a display button (most do) touch this button and see if the display then comes on.

If neither of these work to turn the display back on and your radio operates properly this indicates the display itself is at fault and needs replaced to correct this here.Unfortunately this can be a common fault as I have seen before with these types of displays.

Depending on the audio system your vehicle has here if you have the larger display separate from the radio controls itself only the display would need replaced but if this is part of the radio with the smaller display built into the radio the radio would need replaced as an assembly with display.

I hope this has helped here and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.