Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

mercury sable 1995 3.0 liter it runs great but I drive 25 miles

mercury sable 1995 3.0 liter it runs great but I drive 25 miles the check engine light comes on & it loses all power.i let it stand for 5 min & it run great again for 25 more miles the catalectic converter was checked & it is good.I think it could be the fuel filter.just got the car one week now. don't know wher the fuel filter is located.could you help.it has 105.000 miles on it.thank you

Hello and welcome to Pearl/Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. I will do my best to help you with your question. If you need any more on it just let me know.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

The fuel filter is located to the rear of the vehicle on the right frame rail.

graphic

.

.

Specifications:

Engine Running 210-310 kPa (30-45 PSI)
Key On Engine Off 255-297 kPa (37-43 PSI)

.

Also you will want to have the codes read to see what the trouble codes are. Autozone will normally do that for free as well as clear them.

.

.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

.

Thanks

.