Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited: I have a 2002 PT Cruiser that

I have a 2002 PT Cruiser that has just gone through it's Warrant of Fitness. When I got it back, the heater was no longer working. I took it back to the garage and the mechanic spent a further 2 days trying to get it to work - unsuccessfully! He drained and replaced the coolant, and suspects that some sort of blockage has happened as a result. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Hazel

Hi Hazel,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there is a restriction in the heater core itself then in some cases you can have the heater core flushed and back flushed to remove the blockage.In others the heater core would usually need replaced.

To check to see if this is the case here if you can locate both of the coolant hoses going to the heater core with the engine fully warmed up and heater switched on both heater core coolant hoses should be hot to very warm to the touch.If you have one that is hot or very warm to the touch and one that is cold or very cool this indicates the heater core is restricted either needing back flushed to try and clear it out or replaced.

Since this had occurred after the vehicle was at this garage I would see if the garage would help with the costs for repair here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete