Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Dodge RAM 1500 4x4: My 2012 5.7 Hemi Crewcab"s battery runs

My 2012 5.7 Hemi Crewcab"s battery runs flat if parked for 3 days. There is no tracking system installed, truck is standard. Auto Electricians can"t solve the problem. Any suggestions how to fix the problem?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here your vehicle has a battery draw/drain on it from one of the electronics in the vehicle.This can be anything from a stuck seat switch,interior light stuck on,radio fault,or many other electrical components like relays stuck on etc.

What needs to be done from here is to have a parasitic drain test done on the vehicle to see how large this draw/drain is on this vehicle.Once this has been done it can be then tested to locate this draw.

One way I have found best to do this and it can be time consuming is to install the multi meter to test the draw and leave it plugged in,then remove one fuse at a time waiting 10 minutes in between each fuse removal to see if the draw/drain drops around or below 50 milliamp (this is where you want to be for normal operation).If the first fuse does not drop the draw down then reinstall it and move to the next.You would do this until you come to one fuse that does allow the draw/drain to drop into normal range.

Then from there you would look at a diagram at this fuses circuit to see what this fuse powers (if you can find the fuse let me know which it is and I can look up the info on it).Then you would unplug each of the electrical components this fuse powers one at a time until you find the one component that is causing this draw then that component would usually need replaced to correct this issue here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete