Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 9-3 2.0T: 2004 saab 9-3 wont start when engine compartment

2004 saab 9-3 won't start when engine compartment gets the problem the immobilizer
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here and with what I have seen in the past this sounds like this is an electrical fault with an electrical component getting hot under the hood and losing or failing to produce its signal causing this issue here.

One common component to cause this here that I have had to replace several of on several model vehicles with this type of fault is the crank position sensor itself.This sensor is located above the starter motor and when it heats up if it is failing it fails to produce its signal to allow the engine to start until it is allowed to sit and cool a period of time.

From what you have described here this sounds like the component that may be causing this issue and can be fairly common.I would have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicles computers to see what codes have set.Then from there the crank sensor can be checked/tested to see if for sure it needs replaced.The sensor itself is usually less then $150 and about an hour to have replaced.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks....I'll give it to the local repair shop who has the scan tool and see what they find.

Your welcome.I hope you can get this resolved with ease and if you need anything else let me know.Feel free to rate my help above when you are ready this way I receive credit for helping.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll let you know if your info help the mechanic

O.k.,let me know if you need anything else here.

Thanks Pete