Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche 911: New owner of a 1977 Porsche 911S, 2,7 liters engine.Want

New owner of a 1977 Porsche 911S, 2,7 liters engine.
Want to know the temperature operation range, I guess between 190 and 230?
Thank's for the answer.
Chris
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The optimal temperature or temp operating range for this model here is 180 to 210 degrees F.In most cases you will see around 190 to 200 in cooler weather and in hot weather or with the ac on you would see around 210 and possibly a high end of 220 if idling for an extended period with the ac on in a hot climate but in most cases 180 to 210 is the normal operating temp for this engine here.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank's for your answer. A normal run on the freeway, with no excess, for 30 minutes and over, will give me a reading between 220 and 230 F on the gauge. Can I rely this temperature because the engine has been recently rebuilt?
2.7 liters, Porsche 1977.

Thank's.

That looks to be fairly hot and shouldn't run this hot in temp like this.This may be due to a sticking thermostat or the fins on the radiator bent or restricted or possibly even a faulty coolant temp sensor.All of these should be checked into to see if one is found at fault and then corrected once the fault is located.Most common can be a thermostat issue causing this here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete