sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Lexus RX330: Just Had my RX330 Detailed now I cant close the

Just Had my RX330 Detailed now I can't close the Top of the drink holder in the center console. I also noticed on the passenger side mirror the printing (OBJECTS MAY BE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR) is half off or erased. Have you got any answers for these type problems?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The cup holder may be a couple different things.

Are you unable to get it to move fully to the closed position, or does it close but spring back open? If you're unable to get it to move fully then there could be something lodged in it. If it will close but not stay closed then it could be happening because something was spilled in it, or it could just be a failure of the cupholder.

Take a close look as best you can from the top and see if there is anything foreign in it. If nothing can be seen then the center console would need to be removed and remove the cupholder to see if anything can be seen from the bottom side. If there are no visible problems then most likely the cupholder will need to be replaced.

The ink on the mirror most likely partially wiped off when they cleaned the glass. This can happen just due to age and using strong glass cleaners.