Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Toyota RAV4 2-Door: I had a Toyota rav4 2003 2.0l having engine

I had a Toyota rav4 2003 2.0l having engine noise on heard on the timing chain side recently changed new oil pump & second hand intake camshaft w/ vvt but it is still noisy and the engine oil light going on &off... but when you accelerate it above 2500 rpm the noise disappear,,,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With what you have described here with this noise and the engine oil light coming on and going off this sounds like a possible low oil pressure issue in the engine itself.If there is low oil pressure this is most affected at lower engine rpm's and can cause components to become noisy in the engine area due to the low pressure,then as you rev up the engine to raise the rpm's the pressure will rise somewhat and this may create enough oil pressure for any components that were lacking oil to get the oil needed and cause the noise to stop.

Since you have already replaced the oil pump and the camshaft the next step is to make sure there is no oil sludge build up in the engine oil pan as well as the pick up tube for the oil pump.If these are all o.k. then next I would be looking at sludge build up in the engine possibly around the cam shaft not allowing oil to drain back to the oil pan properly or this may also be an issue with cam or crank shaft bearings being worn as this can be a common fault.

All of these would need checked into to locate the cause of the low oil pressure and once located the oil pressure issue can be corrected to resolve this here and should resolve the noise you have here.This should be checked into and corrected sooner then later as low oil pressure can damage internal engine components.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete