Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.
29534642

Land Rover Freelander: I have the following codes from my 2003

I have the following codes from my 2003 Land Rover Freelander: P1472 and P2071. At lower speed it feels as if the engine is "hesitating", has less power than I would expect from V6. What should I do?

Edward :

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help.

Edward :

Let me first ask, The P1472 code, that is the code that is stored first correct?

Edward :

and the P2071 is the second code read off from the scanner?

Customer:

A Transmission Specialist test drove my Fereelander. Before the test drive, he found the code: "61472 = Intake Manifold Actuator" stored in the ECU. He cleared this code. During the test drive a different code showed up o the scanner: "62071 = Intake Manifold Timing". The "Check Engine Light" has not shown yet.

Edward :

Alright, Most likely the VIS motor has failed, but first check the wiring to and from the VIS motor's with your P1472 code, I would check the VIS number 2 motor first. (There are 2 total). and they are called Variable intake manifold system motors. or VIS for short. They are on the intake manifold, here is a picture. You may want to pull the motors off, check the linkage, and be sure nothing is loose or the square peg on the motor isn't broken.