Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

Isuzu Trooper LS: Having trouble with my 1996 Isuzu trooper.

Customer Question

Having trouble with my 1996 Isuzu trooper. When I hit the brakes the brake light and battery light on dash come on and this also makes the blower on AC kick out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
HelloSir or Madam and thank you for your question!
This indicates there is a problem with the charging system. What you should do is have the alternator tested on the truck at the local autozone. Do it with the headlights and the blower fan and wipers on. If it is charging under 13.5-14.5 volts, then replace the alternator.
Also check the belt tension on the alternator.
It's internally regulated so it is possible the voltage regulator is failing.
Hope this helps!
Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance, if not, please be sure to rate my answer. If you are on the free trial, a rating is still required. Your card will not be charged.
Thank you