Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Land Rover Range Rover HSE: My interior door locks and the

My interior door locks and the red button for the hazard lights all quit working at the same time. Could this be a blown fuse?

If it is not a fuse issue, could you point me in the right direction so I know what to tell my mechanic?

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
HelloSir or Madam and thank you for your question!
What year is the car please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2006

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
So the hazards aren't working either or the light on the button is out?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The button will not turn the hazards on, so no, they are not working.

The buttons for the hazard lights and the door locks are right next to each other which lead me to believe it might be a fuse issue.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I understand, I am looking at the wiring diagrams for both now.
Can you tell me if you lock the door or in the past if you locked the doors with the remote, did the hazards flash to indicate you locked the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not that I am aware of. In fact, I am pretty sure the hazards only went on when I actually pushed the red button.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am not seeing where there are any fuses in common here. Other then the switches being close together I see nothing. No fusible links, no fuses. I suspect there will be a broken wire in the harness that provided the power to both the switches in the car.
I have checked and rechecked hoping for a simple fuse issue. Sorry to say it's not looking like it will be the case here. Thing is these aren't even running through the same modules so I really feel there will be a couple of broken wires in the harness.
Sorry it's not a simple fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like I have to take it in for repair that I have a horrible feeling that will cost a lot of money. Do you have any idea of what they could reasonably charge for this kind of repair so I don't just agree to whatever they toss out?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Electrical issues can be tricky. What most shops I have been with do is quote one hour labor to try and locate the broken wires. Then, once they locate it, contact you with the cost of the repair.
If more time is needed to locate the problem, then we always call and get your approval. I think what would be best for you with this is to set a spending limit in your mind as to how much you are willing to spend to locate the problem and resolve it. Then base it off that. If they can repair it for that or under great, if not, then you won't go over what you are willing to spend.
My only other thought is a possible issue with the body control module, however I am not showing it as part of the wiring diagrams for either of these. This is why I asked about the hazards flashing when you lock the truck.

Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience: 25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.